Artichoke and Cheese Squares Recipe
- 2-6 ounce jars artichoke hearts marinated
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- 1/8 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
Pour the marinade from one jar of artichokes into a small skillet.
Discard the marinade from the other jar.
Saute the onion and garlic in the skillet over medium heat until onion is transparent.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the bread crumbs, parsley, pepper, oregano and salt. Mix together.
Chop the artichokes,
Add the artichokes, cheese and onion/garlic mixture to the bowl.
Mix and pour into greased 7x11 casserole dish.
Bake at 325 degrees about 30 minutes.
Allow to cool about 15 minutes before cutting. Serve hot.