- 8 lasagna noodles (broken into bite size pieces (do not use "no boil" noodles))
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef ((you can also use ground turkey))
- 3/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 14 oz cans canned tomatoes (cut up (you'll also add tomato liquid))
- 5 1/2 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes ((or 1 tablespoon chopped parsley))
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano ((you can also use ground oregano))
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook lasagna noodle pieces in 3 quarts boiling water.
Add a bit of cooking oil and a dash of salt to pot and cook for 14 to 16 minutes. Drain well.
Fry ground beef in frying pan until browned, then drain. Add to slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients. stirring well.
Add lasagna noodle pieces and stir, then cover.
Cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.