Orange Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest/rind from the squeezed oranges
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and sugar.
Add chopped pecans to dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, orange juice and orange rind.
Blend in butter. Pour liquid into dry ingredients, stirring until barely moistened.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Spread batter in prepared pan.
Bake 45-60 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
Toothpick inserted in center of loaf should come out clean.
Allow to cool before removing from pan. Cut into slices.