Meat Loaf with Provolone Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup, divided in half
- 1 cup fine chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Place the sun dried tomatoes in hot water. Allow to stand about 30 minutes.
Tomatoes should be soft. Chop finely. Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, onion, basil, cheese, eggs, garlic and meat in bowl and mix well.
Shape into loaf and place in pan.
Spread remaining ketchup over the top and bake at 350 degrees about an hour.
Meat should be done in the center.