Rice and Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chilies
- 8 ounces each, grated cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
Spread rice over bottom of casserole dish. Spread a thin layer of the sauce over the rice.
Next, spread 1/2 of the cheese over the rice and sauce.
Add a layer of zucchini, then sauce and then cheese. Bake about 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Casserole should be bubbly and lightly browned.