Pumpkin Biscuits Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chilled and cut into thin slices
- 1 15 oz can unsweetened solid-pack pumpkin
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like cornmeal.
Stir in the pumpkin and mix until you form a soft dough.
On a well-floured surface, with well-floured hands, pat out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
Using a floured, sharp knife, cut out 2 inch-square biscuits.
Place them on the cookie sheet and put it on the middle rack of your oven.
Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve hot or at room temperature.